Where can I get more information on advance practice?
More information is available from HEE's Advanced Practice website.
Who can I contact if I am having difficulty?
The platform is provided by our independent partners, Clever Together. If you’re having difficulty using the platform, or experience any problems, please email them directly to email@example.com
Will my comments on the platform be anonymous?
Any contributions you submit in the discussion platform will be visible to others taking part in the conversation. However, your personal details will not be visible on the platform - your information will not be shown next to any of your ideas, comments or votes. This means your ideas will be treated by other participants based on their merit, not based on who you are.
What are the aims for this online workshop
- Develop a better and more detailed understanding of advanced clinical practice and how developing this area can benefit patients.
- Identify the challenges in developing advanced clinical practice in the workplace including the implications for employers.
- Enable us to consider what further assurance is needed in the education, training and supervision of those in advanced practice roles.
- Consider whether some form of supporting infrastructure is needed to develop advanced practice further, what its purpose would be and what roles it should undertake.
How will the debate work?
- The platform acts as an online workshop, where some broad questions are asked but in which participants lead the debate on what they see as important for advanced practice.
- Participants’ contributions are anonymised. This ensures a safe space which allows for real conversation and innovation as peers judge ideas on their merit, not their author.
- We're seeking your views, experience and evidence. These can be on any topic or issue related to advanced clinical practice.
- We invite you to rate and comment upon the contributions of your peers, too. This is really helpful in assessing whether issues are isolated, or whether they are reflected across organisations or systems.
- As with a physical workshop, there may be strongly different views. Please respect the right of those with views differing from your own to express them.
- This debate is designed for anyone with an interest in advanced practice but especially: patient representative organisations; healthcare professionals; NHS employers; other employing organisations; professional bodies; regulators; and arms-length bodies.
- This is an independent debate: Clever Together has been asked to complete a thematic analysis to reveal priorities for HEE’s consideration.
- Colleagues at HEE will report back on how they use the results of this debate to help steer and guide their planning and change programmes.
- You will be able to see how your voice has been heard and how your inputs have been used, and by who (IT IS NOT A "BLACK HOLE" SURVEY).
- Finally, although HEE’s remit is England only, we welcome feedback from everyone, we are keen to learn from experience across the UK or internationally.
Will anybody within my organisation know if I take part in the online workshop?
Online workshop contributions
The online debates are managed by Clever Together and no one will be able to identify you, not even the Clever Together team unless you share any personal, abusive or offensive content. We welcome uncomfortable and controversial ideas but personal, abusive or offensive content will not be tolerated and Clever Together will contact you if this is the case. Clever Together work independently and will not share instances when they have had to contact users.
We can use the platform to automatically send emails to contributors, for example if we would like to hear more about an idea you have submitted or if we need to merge your idea with a similar idea on the platform. This email will be automatically generated via the system, no-one will know who the system is emailing in this regard unless you choose to come forward.
Before entering the online summit, participants will be asked some questions to help us to understand more about who is taking part. None of the information you share will be personally identifiable, or be shared with anyone else other than the analysts at Clever Together. All of this information is deleted once the reports are published.
How will the conversation be moderated?
This online workshop is being facilitated by Clever Together.
In order to facilitate the summit the facilitation team may need to:
- merge some ideas that have similar content. When two ideas are merged, all votes and comments are transferred to the new idea and the title may be reworded to better capture its essence.
- split some ideas that contain discuss multiple topics in one post. If your post contains more than one idea, the facilitation team may choose to break the post up into multiple posts and submitted them into relevant streams.